Today's growth of high-bandwidth mobile services and the quick adoption of smartphones and tablets present the opportunity for a new era of digital government. Federal, state, and local agencies can now reach more of their workforce and citizens with far richer mobile applications. In turn, constituents can reach government agencies and officeholders more directly to address their needs. Implementing an Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) strategy can increase productivity and bring about a more efficient use of data -offering opportunities to streamline operations, increase worker productivity, and manage costs.
HP brings extensive experience in EMM and develops strategies that integrate the management of operations, information and application lifecycle into Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Mobile Application Management (MAM). Because mobility touches almost every single element of your agency’s comprehensive IT plan, it is essential that your MDM/MAM mobility solution be considered within the context of your agency’s unique mobility needs and aligned with how your enterprise mobile strategy fits into your overall IT service delivery approach. Given HP's extensive experience delivering IT services and solutions to thousands of government and commercial clients, we understand the limitations of a "one-size fits all" MDM/MAM solution approach. That is why HP offers a range of MDM/MAM solutions to optimally map to and meet your unique agency’s needs while addressing them in the most secure and cost-effective manner.
HP, together with our team of mobility management technology leaders, offers a selection of Enterprise Mobility Management solutions powered by market leading MDM/MAM products. This allows us to meet a wide range of MDM/MAM requirements -addressing the disparity in existing Federal Governmental Agency IT environments, budget constraints and differing approaches to mobile device integration.
HP offers the flexibility to deliver tailored or standardized solution sets, in the cloud or on-premise. We provide the full mobile lifecycle support, including implementation, management, and operational. Our cloud-based approach provides optimum business agility, accelerating solution deployment and enabling global delivery. It also offers robust security features to ensure that your data, whether on the device, in-transit, or stored in the HP virtual private cloud, is always protected.
Our solutions include:
- Mobile device management
- Role-based and configuration management and security for both agency and employee-owned devices, including the ability to blacklist or whitelist applications, detect and protect against jailbroken devices, and wipe or selectively wipe a device that is lost, stolen or out of compliance.
- Secure email, browser and data sharing applications
- Users get e-mail, calendar, contacts, a full browser for access to intranet and extranet sites, and data access from anywhere. The applications and data are in a "sandbox container, which ensures corporate data is encrypted, separate from any personal applications or content and always under enterprise IT management.
- Mobile application containers
- Corporate applications and data reside in a FIPS 140-2 compliant container with 256-bit AES encryption, separated from personal applications and data on the user's device, enabling comprehensive policy-based controls to be applied, including mobile DLP and the ability to remote lock, wipe and encrypt chosen applications and data – even the entire container or device.
- Application wrapping capabilities
- The ability to wrap applications with a wide variety of security policies providing centralized IT management and application security and controls for any mobile application, whether home-grown, created by a third party, or by the client's IT organization.
- Centralized Application Store
- A single place for users to access all of their approved applications with the ability to limit deployment based on a policy framework (i.e., limit by group, location, or more).
- Identity management, single sign-on and scenario-based access control
- User identities are drawn from the enterprise directory to instantly provision and de-provision app and data access, as well as set granular access controls based on the device and user scenario at any point in time including automatic de-provisioning for terminated employees. The centralized application store is easily provisioned with a user's approved applications and can provide single sign-on to all approved applications based on policy.
- Enterprise-class, secure file storage, sync and sharing
- Organizations can store files in a secure cloud-based storage and access data, in sync, across all devices. This allows users to access all their data anywhere, anytime and share it securely with others in and outside of their organizations.
- Enterprise integration of mobility solutions
- HP's extensive and current experience provides the level of confidence and service that government agency customers expect. The HP U.S. Public Sector team of Mobility architects and engineers are implementing and managing multiple MDM and MAM platforms, developing/deploying G2G and G2C Mobile Applications, and performing large-scale enterprise/mobile system integration.
The HP demonstration portal provides the usability and functionality of the HP Enterprise Cloud Services - Mobility solution, and provides helpful technical information, as well as demonstrates the benefits to the government customer.
The demonstrations are self-guided and provide users with the actual interface of the MDM-MAM platform. Users can explore the following features:
System Administrator Demo
- Policy administration
- Device & application management
- Cloud File management
- Service Management
End User Demo
- Account management
- Device enrollment & installation
- Application management
- Cloud File management
Accessing the HP ECS - Mobility demonstration
The portal features demonstrations for both MDM system administrators and mobile device end users.
To access the portal, please submit a request for a username and password to David Cook. Indicate whether you wish to access the system administrator and/or end user demonstration. Once you have received your credentials, you may log in to the portal.
HP is proud to support the GSA Managed Mobility Program’s effort. Our Mobility Solutions are readily and easily available to you today through the following purchasing vehicles:
- GSA Alliant
- GSA Connections II
- GSA Schedule 70 – IT (labor services only, cannot purchase products through this vehicle at this time)
- Chief Information Officer - Solutions and Partners 3 (CIO-SP3)
- DoJ ITSS-4
- FBI ITSSS (labor services only, cannot purchase products through this vehicle at this time)
- TIPSS 4 (labor services only, cannot purchase products through this vehicle at this time)
- VA T4
- VA VRM